A gentle and effective daily multi- for women who are trying to conceive, are pregnant, or are nursing.
A well-researched multi- formulated to nourish mom and support baby’s development, from pre-conception through nursing.* It’s made without the additives and coatings found in mainstream prenatal supplements.
Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother's health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.
Thorne’s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind.* Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.*
Benefits of Thorne’s Basic Prenatal at each stage:
- Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
- Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
- Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development.* Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
- Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit “morning sickness.”*
- Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman’s increased need for iron.
- Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.*
After Pregnancy through Nursing
- Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
Take 1-2 capsules three times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
|Boron (Glycinate Complex)||1mg|
|Chromium (Nicotinate Glycinate)||100mcg|
|Folate (L-5-MTHF)||1.7mg DFE|
|Iodine (Potassium Iodide)||150mcg|
|Vitamin A (Beta carotene)||450mcg|
|Vitamin A (Palmitate)||600mcg|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)||5mg|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||200mcg|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)||5mg|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)||30mg|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||18mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||12mg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||150mg|
|Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)||33.5mg|
|Other Ingredients: Calcium Laurate, Hypromellose Capsule|
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.