Work with a physical therapist to heal from injuries and pain, and continue, or return to, the activities you enjoy!
How Physical Therapy Can Help You
Physical therapists are the foremost experts in physical medicine and are the best equipped to help you with issues from headaches to foot pain, and everything in between. From rehabilitating injuries to helping you recover from surgery, and from aches and pains to sprains and strains, a physical therapist is the expert you need to help you recover your function. An initial evaluation begins the troubleshooting process and yields a plan for addressing new injuries, nagging or chronic issues and complex problems. If you have specific fitness, wellness or performance goals, but also need help working around barriers to achieving those goals, your evaluation is integral in identifying and dismantling these barriers.
Your follow-up consults ensure your ongoing success after your initial evaluation. They provide the opportunity for periodic check-ins, re-examination of problem areas, adjustments to your care plan as needed, and to receive updated exercises and education to build upon what was provided at prior consults. Follow-ups are an essential part of success of any physical therapy program, whether virtual or in-person.
You can schedule follow up appointments as you need them.
Virtual Physical Therapy is...
FASTER, BETTER, LESS EXPENSIVE and more CONVENIENT care!
- Book an Appointment
- Get an Assessment
- Start Recovery
What We Treat with Virtual Physical Therapy
Examples: Conditions Treated Virtually
- Back and Neck: Herniated Disc, Bulging Disc, Degenerated Disc Disease (DDD), Torticollis, Mid and Upper Back Pain
- Shoulder: Rotator Cuff Syndrome, Impingement, Frozen Shoulder, Labral tear, Shoulder Pain
- Elbow: Tennis Elbow/Lateral Epicondylitis, Golfer’s Elbow, Elbow Pain
- Wrist/Hand: Carpel Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), DeQuervain’s Syndrome, Wrist-Hand Pain
- Hip: Impingement, Labral tear, Hip Pain
- Knee: Meniscal Tear, Patellofemoral Dysfunction, ITB Friction Syndrome, Baker’s Cyst, Jumper’s Knee, Knee Pain
- Ankle/Foot: Pain and Balance
- General Conditions: Sprains/Strains and Tendonitis/Bursitis, Numbness and Tingling
Easy 3-Step Process
1. Schedule your appointment. The easiest way to do this is to click the select time button. You can also call us to schedule. If you have questions about our services, schedule a free consult with our enrollment specialist.
2. Confirmation email. Once you schedule, you will receive an email with all of the information you need to attend your appointment.
3. Meet your therapist. Use the link in the email to attend your visit. If you have any trouble, you can call us or reply to the confirmation email with your questions.
What to Expect
The virtual physical therapy appointments are very similar to in-person visits. The evaluation includes questions about your situation and orthopedic testing, which are then used to discuss what plan would be best for you. Care plans are unique for each person and situation. The follow-up visits are designed to check on your progress and give you the tools you need keep improving.
Comprehensive Evaluation (30 minutes):
What Happens in a Typical visit?
- Your provider captures a thorough history of your current complaint and identifies factors that directly, and indirectly, contribute to it
- Your PT conducts an objective screening which includes joint-specific motion, functional movements and tests that challenge joints and muscles to pin-point the specific anatomy lending to identify your specific type of condition
- You are educated by your PT on the underlying cause of your discomfort and the contributing factors
- Your PT provides education on exercises, stretches, postures, job coaching and ergonomics to set you on the path to recovery
- Pictures and/or videos of recommended exercises provided to you electronically
Benefits of a Physical Therapy Evaluation
- Physical Therapists are the foremost experts in physical medicine and are the best equipped to help you.
- If you have a longstanding, nagging or complex problem, this service is necessary to best troubleshoot your issue.
- If you have a specific fitness, wellness or performance goal, but also need help working through barriers to achieving those goals, this evaluation is integral to your success.
Benefits of a Physical Therapy Follow-Up Visit
- Confirm results with use of recommended exercises
- Verify exercises are being done correctly and review as necessary
- Add new exercises to build upon and complement, or possibly replace, previously recommended exercises
- Conduct additional screening for PT to verify findings from initial and previous follow-up consults
- Pictures/videos of new recommended exercises provided to you electronically